Saturday, May 19, 2012

Introducing The Little Bookshelf

Over a year ago, I had a great idea for a blog. It would be a place where I would be able to share with my readers unique, interesting, well known, little known and unknown children's books. I am an avid reader and this love has spread to children's books. So, in December 2010, I started the blog with one entry about one of my all time favorite children's book, Dr. Suess' The Sneetches. And the blog sat there collecting virtual dust. A few weeks ago, I was talking to a friend who inspired me to start it again. It sat there for a few more weeks until today. I decided to dust it off and start it up. I found both a header and a description I was happy with and dedicated my first re-entry to ,a href=http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/09/books/maurice-sendak-childrens-author-dies-at-83.html?pagewanted=all>Maurice Sendak. I couldn't think of a more fitting tribute. So, join me on this new adventure and whether you are an adult, a child or an adult with a child, I promise you will enjoy reading what I have to share. Read The Little Bookshelf here and bookmark it!

No comments: