Sunday, April 08, 2012

Susie's Supper Club

I was turned on to this cookbook by another blogger who knew Susie when she was just a cook for a family. Then Susie turned her food into a delivery/takeout service for meals. Then the book. I read the flap copy and a little bit about Susie. I liked her. I bought the book thinking that I would use it unlike the other 45 cookbooks lining my shelves that have clean, white pages. I was right. I made three things the first week. Her recipes are easy to follow with only a few steps and no fancy ingredients. It's right up my alley. I recommend the turkey meatballs. I substituted the panko with regular and used fresh herbs since I had them on hand. The macaroni and cheese was also easy and delish. It's made in a muffin tin so you have 12 individual servings. I even used reduced fat cheese and it was just as good. I froze the remaining servings and even reheated one for CityBaby for dinner last week. I also made the asian inspired sugar snap peas. These were incredibly easy and I even added in some extra broccoli I had laying around. It provides inspiration and enough room for me to edit and adapt as I need to. I also found out that she sells her frozen entrees at Whole Foods. Unlikely that I would buy them since I prefer fresh but a nice option if you are really crunched for time.

No comments: