Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Garden Update

So, we are just about at 50 days which is the average blooming time for most of my crops. Here's what we have: a bunch of tomatoes but none ready to be picked. Some large and very green peppers growing off the yellow pepper plant. I am holding out that they still need to turn and were not mis-marked. Some very auspicious looking yellow squash. For example, if I was going to feed a mouse family they would be perfect for them. The beans and eggplant and green peppers look like they might never make it. And I have already uprooted the lettuce. We'll try again next year on those. I have one cucumber plant that is taking off, 4 that are still small and one I lost. I am optimistic about the one thriving since it has a lot of flowers on it which means vegetables are growing right behind it. So, no crops yet and it's technically almost summer and I have not tasted one vegetable yet but as you can see from my pictures, I should be cooking up tomatoes and peppers soon.



No comments: