Monday, May 10, 2010

Inventory



This morning I walked the fields and took inventory. We have 9 tomatoes - green and in varying sizes. The largest is currently the size of a golf ball. We have 2 very small peppers. They are green but growing off the yellow pepper plant so I am assuming at some point they'll turn. (Side note: did you know a red pepper is a green pepper that has been left on the vine too long? So, why are they so expensive????) And we have a lot of squash flowers. The lettuce may be a goner - I've been informed that it should bloom within a week and produce leaves almost instantly. The watermelon and eggplant don't look so hot either. I am very impatient and have expressed my disappointment in the lack of bounty and the amount of time it is taking, but was informed by some experts that it is only May and our growing season goes through September here in Charleston. We have a long season ahead of us.

No comments: